Your Kindness Will Never Be Forgotten
The past couple of weeks for us have been, how should I say this, hectic. Bonny and I are safely back home in Maine, and for that we are grateful. The passing of Bonny’s mom and uncle in the same week was somewhat surprising, but in all likelihood, we realize that other families go through similar, if not worse situations on a daily basis. It is a common experience that we all share. In any event, these last several days have allowed for many hours of reflection.
As we all age, we realize that things like hope, kindness and good cheer do not smooth out the wrinkles, but can keep the heart refreshed. Honored age gives one the authority to ignore authority. You learn to forego your age or at least not dwell on it, to be happy to just be alive to have earned that privilege. If not years to your life, why not life to your years? Our human spirit is remarkably sturdy and resilient, allowing us to get past the hardships as long as we differentiate the little from the big, and find a way to smile through it all. Sometimes when one person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated. This is not necessarily the way that it has to be, as to lose a dearly loved one is also an opportunity for us to learn.
You learn that you cannot step twice into in the same river and expect things to be the same, for the waters behind you continue to flow. There is no time for stagnation as the flow of change goes on. So, let the past drift away with the flowing waters, but never forget the laughter, the sounds, the joys and the loving memories that you shared with loved ones. Extract the most from those memories. As sadness and pain creep in, realize that sadness and gladness succeed each other, both of which will be followed by spring.
So when the time comes, whether in a storm or calm, let down the sails and join quietly the waves.
On behalf of Bonny and I, we thank all of you for the outpouring of empathy, sympathy and inspiration that you have showered upon us and our family during these difficult times. Your kindness will never be forgotten.
By: raemd95, richardaevansmd.com, July 22, 2016
No comments yet.
Share This Blog
- “The Unrelenting Hostility Of Washington’s Courtier Press”: The Media’s Crusade Of Scandals Against Hillary Clinton July 28, 2016
- “Endorsing This Philistine”: The Christian Right Has Surrendered To Trump July 24, 2016
- “Cop Killers Serve No Cause”: It’s Getting To The Point Where No Lives Matter July 24, 2016
- "Most Extreme Example Of Racial Gerrymandering": Federal Court Blocks Discriminatory Texas Redistricting Plan
- "Diversity Is A Faddish Theory": According To Clarence Thomas, Affirmative Action Is Just Like Segregation
- "The Emergency Exits Are Always Open": Wal-Mart’s Strategy Of Deniability For Workers’ Safety
- Tax Hike Prevention Act of 2010: How It Affects You
- "Speaking In The Abstract": How The Right Talks About Race, Even When They’re Not Talking About Race
- "Happy New Year, Losers": The "Supreme Court Gap" In Unversal Health-Care Coverage
Affordable Care Act African Americans Bain Capital Citizens United Congress Conservatives Contraception Corporations Debt Ceiling Democracy Democrats Donald Trump Economic inequality Economy Foreign Policy Fox News George W. Bush GOP GOP Presidential Candidates Government Shutdown Gun Control Gun Violence Health Exchanges Health Insurance Hillary Clinton House Republicans Immigration Immigration Reform Iraq War ISIS Jeb Bush Jobs John Boehner John McCain Koch Brothers Lindsey Graham Marco Rubio media Medicaid Medicare Middle Class Middle East Minorities Mitch McConnell Mitt Romney National Security Newt Gingrich NRA ObamaCare Paul Ryan Politics Poor and Low Income Poverty Progressives Racism Rand Paul Republicans Rick Santorum Right Wing Ronald Reagan Rush Limbaugh Scott Walker SCOTUS Senate Spending Cuts Tax cuts Taxes Tea-party Teaparty Ted Cruz Terrorism uninsured Voter Suppression Wall Street Wealthy
- RT @BlueHumanity: "There are no legislative accomplishments, zero" #100DaysOfShame #100DaysOfNothing #100DaysOfVacationing https://t.co…----------- 3 days ago
- With all due respect, which is none, it is time for you to realize that you are an absolutely incompetent idiot. @realDonaldTrump----------- 3 days ago
- RT @funder: #TrumpLeaks Docs: WI Gov Scott Walker's super PAC took $1 Million from pro-Putin Ukrainian businessman last election cycle #Tru…----------- 1 week ago
- RT @Rosie: when he is impeached - every order he signed needs to be reversed - every single one - and gorsuch needs to be removed from SCO…----------- 1 week ago
- So it is written, so let it be done! twitter.com/MotherJones/st…----------- 1 week ago
- 257,826 hits
Blog at WordPress.com.